Interview with David W. Hazel, August 2, 1990
Part of African American Political Scientists Oral History Project
- Interview with David W. Hazel, August 2, 1990
- David W. Hazel; interviewee. Twiley W. Barker; interviewer.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- David Hazel is an African American political scientist and Professor Emeritus of Political Science at Central State University. In this interview, Hazel discusses his childhood in a predominately white town, Medford, Massachusetts and attending Tufts College where he earned a BA in history. He speaks about his school career, receiving his master's degree in education and a PhD in political science from University of Michigan in 1949. Hazel talks about teaching at several historically black colleges, including Southern University and Central State University. The challenges he faced at Central State as the only person in the political science department at that time are also discussed.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Hazel, David--Interviews., African American political scientists--Interviews., African Americans., African American universities and colleges., Southern University and A and M College., Central State University (Wilberforce, Ohio)
- African American Political Scientists Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.