Interview with Jim Kerley, March 22, 2005
Part of Community Colleges of Kentucky Oral History Project
- Interview with Jim Kerley, March 22, 2005
- Jim Kerley; interviewee. Rick Smoot; interviewer.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- In this interview, Jim Kerley, president of Bluegrass Community and Technical College (BCTC), discusses the jobs he held before becoming president of Bluegrass Community and Technical College. He details his early life growing up in rural Tennessee, including his education at Tennessee Tech University, his time in the Navy, and his graduate education at The Citadel and Florida State University. Kerley elaborates on his progression into higher education administration, beginning first with chairing an undergraduate teaching education department at Union College, and finally becoming the president of Hopkinsville Community College in 1989.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Lexington Community College, Bluegrass Community and Technical College, Hopkinsville Community College
- Community Colleges of Kentucky Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.