Interview with Roy Glen Payne, Jr., March 13, 2007
Part of Returned Peace Corps Volunteers Oral History Project
- Interview with Roy Glen Payne, Jr., March 13, 2007
- Jack Wilson; interviewer. Roy Glen Payne, Jr.; interviewee.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- Roy Glen Payne, Jr. (Gabon, 1989-1992; School Construction) describes his job in great detail and also his third year spent training new volunteers to build schools. He also discusses his life and educational background both before and after joining the Peace Corps, including persuading his master's committee at the University of Akron to let him finish translating a Norse saga while building schools in Gabon, and deciding to do a master's in historic preservation at the University of Kentucky while managing an independent consulting business.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Payne, Roy Glen Jr. -- Interviews., Gabon., Peace Corps (U.S.)--Gabon., Peace Corps (U.S.)--History--1980-1989., Peace Corps (U.S.)--History--1990-1999., School Construction
- Returned Peace Corps Volunteers Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.