Interview with Keither Endicott, Jr., February 1, 1992
Part of Kentucky Legislature Oral History Project
- Interview with Keither Endicott, Jr., February 1, 1992
- Judy K. Bowen; interviewer. Keither Endicott, Jr.; interviewee.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- Endicott (House 1982-1984, 97th district; Republican) recounts his childhood in Inez (Ky.), educational and professional background. Highlights include changes in the timing of legislative races, the “speak-in” tradition in Eastern Kentucky, philosophy of government, the role of State Representatives, and differences in the John Y. Brown Jr. and Martha Layne Collins administrations. Concludes with thoughts on the importance of competition for seats from each county in a district and his re-entry as a candidate for State Representative.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Legislators -- Kentucky -- Interviews., Coal mines and mining -- Kentucky., Political planning., Kentucky. Governor (1979-1983 : Brown), Kentucky. Governor (1983-1987 : Collins), Inez (Ky.), Morehead State University, Kentucky. Education Reform Act (1990), Coal trade, Abortion., Collins, Hubert, 1936-, Apportionment (Election law), Dawahare, Hoover, 1928-2004, Brown, John Y. (John Young) Jr., 1933-, Collins, Martha Layne, Martiki Coal Company, Inez High School, Kentucky Education Reform Act (KERA), coal industry, political philosophy, Kentucky Child Restraint Law, role of legislators, Preston, Ray, redistricting, Mountain Caucus, bipartisanship, coal severance tax, women in the legislature, Tobin, Marjorie, Bendl, Gerta, Cooper, Robin, legislative independence, annual sessions, Banking and Insurance Committee, Agricultural and Natural Resources Committee, Transportation Committee, legislative process, privacy legislation, fair market lease value, Key Legislation: Privacy bill, fair market lease value, Kentucky Child Restraint Law (1982), Term/District: House (1982-1984), 97th district, Counties in District: Martin County (Ky.), Lawrence County (Ky.), Johnson County (Ky.)
- Kentucky Legislature Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.