Interview with William B. Keightley, July 19, 2006
Part of William B. Keightley Oral History Project
- Interview with William B. Keightley, July 19, 2006
- Keightley, William B.; Interviewee. Suchanek, Jeffrey; Interviewer.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- This interview begins with Keightley recollection of the ROTC building fire in 1970 at the University of Kentucky which led to Governor Nunn's decision to call in the National Guard, and how those events affected the basketball team. He then discusses the athletic department and athletic directors. He also discusses the success of the basketball program as opposed to a historically less successful football program. Keightly specifically talks about University of Kentucky basketball players Wallace "Wah Wah" Jones and Ralph Beard.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- University of Kentucky--Basketball, Rupp, Adolph (1901-1977), Hall, Joe B. (Joe Beason), Athletic directors, Newton, Charles Martin (C.M.), Barnhart, Mitch, Student movements -- Kentucky -- Lexington, United States. National Guard Bureau, Kentucky Wildcats (Basketball team)
- William B. Keightley Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.