Interview with John Sprague, October 24, 1985
Part of University of Kentucky Medical Center Oral History Project
- Interview with John Sprague, October 24, 1985
- John Sprague; interviewee. Richard C. Smoot; interviewer.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- During Dr. Sprague’s (Director of University of Kentucky Student Health Services 1957) second interview, he details the founding cadre assembled by Dr. Willard to head the Medical Center. He also considers the problems they faced and the reasoning and identity of the opponents of the Medical Center. In addition, Sprague compares different educational institutions, both medical and premedical, and the impact of the Medical Center on the community and on health care in Kentucky.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Sprague, John, 1911- -- Interviews, University of Kentucky. Medical Center -- History, Fayette County Medical Society (Ky.), Medical education
- University of Kentucky Medical Center Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.