Interview with William Donnermeyer, Sr., July 18, 2006
Part of Kentucky Legislature Oral History Project
- Interview with William Donnermeyer, Sr., July 18, 2006
- Christy Bohl; interviewer. William Donnermeyer, Sr.; interviewee.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date digitized:
- Donnermeyer (House 1970-1994, 67th district; Democrat) speaks at length of his childhood in Northern Kentucky during the Great Depression, Cincinnati in the 1930s, his military service, Catholic upbringing, early employment, and family life. He discusses his interest in politics, political philosophy, his impressions of Governors Carroll, Brown, and Collins, and legislation on the lottery and education reform. Highlights include his remembrance of practical jokes and rowdy behavior on the floor. Part 1 of 2.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Legislators -- Kentucky -- Interviews., Great Depression -- Kentucky, Northern., Cincinnati (Ohio), Educational change -- Kentucky., Kentucky. Governor (1974-1979 : Carroll), Kentucky. Governor (1979-1983 : Brown), Kentucky. Governor (1983-1987 : Collins), Apportionment (Election law), Educational change, Kenton, William G., Kentucky Educational Television, Practical jokes, Northern Kentucky, Dayton (Ky.), Bellevue (Ky.), Cincinnati, Ohio, Coney Island (Ohio), Carroll, Julian M. (Julian Morton), 1931-, Brown, John Y. (John Young) Jr., Collins, Martha Layne, Kenton, Bill (Boom Boom), Blanford, Donald J., Schmidt, Arthur L., Kentucky Dam Village State Park, Kentucky Educational Television (KET), Toyota Manufacturing (Georgetown, Ky.), Great Depression, Radio, World War II, military service, pipefitting, Catholicism, Labor unions, campaigning, legislative independence, committee selection, camaraderie, pranks, Budget, stopping the clock, Regionalism, Lobbyists, redistricting, education reform, lottery, Term/District: House (1970-1994), 68th district, Leadership Position(s): House Majority Caucus Chair, 1976-1986, Counties in District: Campbell County (Ky.) -- Bracken County (Ky.) -- Pendleton County (Ky.)
- Kentucky Legislature Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.