Interview with Wimberly Royster, May 26, 2010
Part of Kentucky Transportation Center Oral History Project
- Interview with Wimberly Royster, May 26, 2010
- Laura Lee Whayne; interviewer. Mardi Miller; interviewer. Wimberly Royster; interviewee.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date digitized:
- Wimberly Royster is a former vice-president for research at the University of Kentucky. Her describes his involvement in the founding of the Kentucky Transportation Center and explains how the center was initially set up and funded. He describes how he helped to establish other research-related institutions at the university including the Asphalt Institute, the Advanced Science and Technology Commercialization Center (ASTeCC) and the Experimental Program for Stimulating Competitive Research (EPSCoR). Royster talks about the role of research centers within the university context and explains how such organizations pursue external grants and funding.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- University of Kentucky Transportation Center., Research--United States., Universities and colleges--United States--Administration., Research--United States--Finance., Asphalt Institute., Advanced Science and Technology Commercialization Center., Experimental Program for Stimulating Competitive Research.
- Kentucky Transportation Center Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.