Interview with Frank G. Dickey, October 14, 1985
Part of University of Kentucky Medical Center Oral History Project
- Interview with Frank G. Dickey, October 14, 1985
- Frank G. Dickey; interviewee. Richard C. Smoot; interviewer.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- Dr. Frank G. Dickey (President of the University of Kentucky 1956-1963) discusses his education, his rise to the presidency of the University of Kentucky, the attempts by members of state government to politicize the University, the Medical School and the Medical Center. Provides details of the earliest efforts to establish the Medical School and the Medical center, with particular detail being given to the role of Dr. Brick Chambers. Dr. Dickey provides some detail on his decision to step down as president of the University after a relatively short tenure.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- University of Kentucky. College of Medicine -- History, University of Kentucky. Medical Center -- History, Hospital buildings -- Design and construction, University of Kentucky -- Presidents, Singletary, Otis A., Community Health Services -- Kentucky, Social medicine, Medicine -- Study and teaching (Continuing education) -- Social aspects, Rural health -- Kentucky, Medical care, Cost of, Kentucky. General Assembly, Chandler, Happy, 1898-1991, Kentucky. Governor (1959-1963 : Combs), Kentucky. Governor (1967-1971 : Nunn), Dickey, Frank Graves -- Interviews, Willard, William R., 1908-
- University of Kentucky Medical Center Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.