Interview with Angel Rubio, November 29, 2005
Part of Returned Peace Corps Volunteers Oral History Project
- Interview with Angel Rubio, November 29, 2005
- Angel Rubio; interviewee. Jack A. Wilson; interviewer.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- Angel (Costa Rica, 1971-1973; Community Development Program) tells how his Cuban origin allowed him to use his fluency in Spanish in Costa Rica in community development projects for the Peace Corps. He describes his job, his marriage to Gwyn after he had been there about a year, and their living situation. He also talks about his career working with non-profits in Berea and then with the University of Kentucky, using what he learned about community development in Peace Corps.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Rubio, Angel -- Interviews., Costa Rica., Peace Corps (U.S.)--Costa Rica., Peace Corps (U.S.)--History--1970-1979., Community Development
- Returned Peace Corps Volunteers Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.