Interview with Herbert "Herbie" Deskins, September 9, 2003
Part of Kentucky Legislature Oral History Project
- Interview with Herbert "Herbie" Deskins, September 9, 2003
- Eric Moyen; interviewer. Herbert "Herbie" Deskins; interviewee.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- Deskins (House 1976-1998, 94th district; Republican) talks about his family, education, military service, working as a Young Democrat in support of Henry Ward's gubernatorial campaign against Louie B. Nunn, his association with the sedition case against Alan and Margaret McSurely, his work for the Democratic party in Eastern Kentucky in the late 1960s, his work as Pike County Attorney and bringing the National Young Democrats Convention to Kentucky. Interview ends abruptly with Deskins' reflections on his association with Paul Patton prior to and during his term as governor. Part 1 of 2.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Legislators -- Kentucky -- Interviews., Young Democrats of America., Practice of law -- Kentucky -- Pike County., Politcal campaigns -- Kentucky., Kentucky. Governor (1967-1971 : Nunn), Kentucky. Governor (1971-1974 : Ford), Kentucky. Governor (1995-2003 : Patton), McSurely, Alan, 1936-, 1936-, Combs, Bert T., 1911-1991 T., 1911-1991, Patton, Paul E., 1937-, Pike County (Ky.), Natural Resources and Education Committee (Chair), Baesler, Scotty, Banahan, Steve, Ward, Henry, McSurely, Alan, 1936-, Sedition, Hayeswood, William, Peden, Katherine, Combs, Dan Jack, Reed, Claude, Ratcliff, Thomas, Pike County Attorney (Pike County, Ky.), Rutherford, Wayne, Kazee, Fuzzy, Perkins, Carl Dewey, 1912-1984, Friend, Kelsey, Ford, Wendell H., 1924-, Combs, Bert T., 1911-1991, Young Democrats Convention, House (1976-1998), 94th district, Pike County (Ky.) -- Floyd County (Ky.
- Kentucky Legislature Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.