Interview with Adron Doran, April 2, 1991
Part of Kentucky Legislature Oral History Project
- Interview with Adron Doran, April 2, 1991
- Adron Doran; interviewee. Jeffrey Suchanek; interviewer.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- Doran (House 1944-1947; 1950, 3rd district; Democrat) focuses on his early years as a farmer's son in Graves County (Ky.). Highlights include his memories on going to school, farming, rural life, the night riders and the KKK, and early employment. Part 1 of 3.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Legislators -- Kentucky -- Interviews., Agriculture -- Kentucky -- Graves County., Race discrimination -- Kentucky., Ku Klux Klan (1915- ) -- Kentucky., Graves County (Ky.) -- Social life and customs., Graves County (Ky.), agriculture, tobacco farms, Klu Klux Klan, Murray State University, one room schools, Term/District: House (1944-1947; 1950), 3rd district, Leadership Position(s): House Speaker, 1950, Counties in District: Graves County (Ky.)
- Kentucky Legislature Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.