Interview with Peter Bosomworth, June 22, 2007
Part of Community Colleges of Kentucky Oral History Project
- Interview with Peter Bosomworth, June 22, 2007
- Peter Bosomworth; interviewee. Rick Smoot; interviewer.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- In this interview, Peter Bosomworth, the founding chair of the Department of Anesthesiology at the University of Kentucky Medical Center, and a longtime vice president and chancellor of the medical center, discusses the relationship between the Lexington Community College (LCC), now Bluegrass Community and Technical College (BCTC), and the medical center. He details which degree programs saw their start in the medical center and were eventually moved to LCC. Bosomworth also spends time elaborating on how each University of Kentucky's president's tenure affected both institutions, as well as how state governors also helped or hindered the organizations.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Lexington Community College
- Community Colleges of Kentucky Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.