Interview with Gordon Davies, October 3, 2007
Part of Metamorphosis, 1998-2008, Decade of Progress: Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS) Oral History Project
- Interview with Gordon Davies, October 3, 2007
- Gordon Davies; interviewee. Margaret Lane; interviewer.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- Gordon Davies (President, Kentucky Council for Postsecondary Education, 1998-2002) was the first president of the Kentucky Council for Postsecondary Education (CPE), the reconstituted coordinating authority for postsecondary education in Kentucky, created along with Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS) by the Kentucky Postsecondary Education Improvement Act of 1997. In this interview, Davies explains his role in bringing President Michael McCall to KCTCS and discusses Dr. McCall's leadership and achievements. He speaks about education reform in Kentucky and describes the state's challenges, such as economic development that would retain more trained workers in the state.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Kentucky Community and Technical College System
- Metamorphosis, 1998-2008, Decade of Progress: Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS) Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.