Interview with Wendell H. Ford, August 11, 2004
Part of Community Colleges of Kentucky Oral History Project
- Interview with Wendell H. Ford, August 11, 2004
- Adina O'Hara; interviewer. Wendell H. Ford; interviewee.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- Former U.S. Senator Wendell Ford served as chief administrative assistant to Kentucky Governor Bert Combs in the early 1960s. In this interview, Ford remembers that Combs produced a detailed plan to establish a statewide community college system before the state legislature only two months after an appointed commission recommended it be done. Ford speculates on the factors which led the governor to take this initiative, describes the process through which it was achieved, and comments on the results.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- University of Kentucky. Community College System
- Community Colleges of Kentucky Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.