Interview with Adron Doran, April 18, 1991
Part of Kentucky Legislature Oral History Project
- Interview with Adron Doran, April 18, 1991
- Adron Doran; interviewee. Jeffrey Suchanek; interviewer.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- Doran (House 1944-1947; 1950, 3rd district; Democrat) discusses his educational and work history prior to the legislature before moving into his legislative career, including his work with the Kentucky Education Assocation (KEA) and the establishment of the Legislative Research Commission (LRC). He concludes with perceptions of fellow legislators, governors, and University of Kentucky presidents. Part 2 of 3.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Legislators -- Kentucky -- Interviews., Postsecondary education -- Kentucky., Kentucky Education Association., Kentucky. General Assembly. Legislative Research Commission., Kentucky. Governor (1947-1950 : Clements), Kentucky. Governor (1955-1959 : Chandler), University of Kentucky -- Presidents., agriculture, Murray State University, University of Kentucky, Clements, Earle, Kentucky Education Association (KEA), Legislative Research Commission (LRC), Prichard, Eward (Ed), Dickey, Frank, Chandler, A.B. (Happy), Waterfield, Harry Lee, Term/District: House (1944-1947; 1950), 3rd district, Leadership Position(s): House Speaker, 1950, Counties in District: Graves County (Ky.)
- Kentucky Legislature Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.