Interview with Edward Ford, September 5, 2003
Part of Kentucky Legislature Oral History Project
- Interview with Edward Ford, September 5, 2003
- Edward Ford; interviewee. Eric Moyen; interviewer.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- Ford (Senate 1978-1994, 30th district; Democrat) who was the Executive Cabinet Secretary for Governor Patton at the time of this interview, recalls growing up in Alabama, the effects of Jim Crow laws, his military service in Korea, attending Auburn University, his veterinary practice, personal life, candidacy for legislature, his work on the Harrison County School Board Association, impressions of Governors Carroll, Brown, and Collins, camaraderie in the legislature, and his DUI conviction during his term. Part 1 of 2.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Legislators -- Kentucky -- Interviews., African-Americans -- Segregation -- Alabama., Veterinarians -- Kentucky., Drunk driving -- Kentucky., School boards -- Kentucky -- Harrison County., Korean War, 1950-1953., Kentucky. Governor (1974-1979 : Carroll), Kentucky. Governor (1979-1983 : Brown), Kentucky. Governor (1983-1987 : Collins), Cynthiana (Ky.), Alabama., Korea., Carroll, Julian M. (Julian Morton), 1931-, Brown, John Y. (John Young) Jr., 1933-, Collins, Martha Layne, Auburn University, University of Kentucky, Kentucky School Boards Association, Southern Regional Education Board, Kentucky. General Assembly. Legislative Research Commission., Segregation, Drunk driving., United States. Marine Fighter Squadron, 214th, Lobbyists, Wallace, George, Berry, John, Wright, Joe, Education Committee, military service, veterinary school, campaigning, DUI (Driving Under the Influence), Black Sheep Squadron, legislative independence, role of media, camaraderie, banking legislation, Legislative Research Commission (LRC), Key Legislation: Kentucky Education Reform Act (KERA), inter-county banking bill, Term/District: Senate (1978-1994), 30th district, Counties in District: Harrison County (Ky.) -- Scott County (Ky.) -- Woodford County (Ky.) -- Fayette County (Ky.) -- Nicholas County (Ky.) -- Robertson County (Ky.)
- Kentucky Legislature Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.