Interview withRobert Cornett, July 1, 2004
Part of History of Kentucky's Community Colleges Oral History Project
- Interview withRobert Cornett, July 1, 2004
- Adina O'Hara; interviewer. Robert Cornett; interviewee.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date digitized:
- In this interview, Robert Cornett, former Kentucky state budget director, discusses the inception of the University of Kentucky Community College System in 1962. He elaborates on the political and educational climate of the time, specifically governor Bert Combs' thought processes behind the system's genesis, as well as detailing the positives and negatives of the decision to affiliate the system with the University of Kentucky. He also speaks about his beliefs on education and the educational philosophy behind them, in addition to the relationship between Kentucky's universities and its state government.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- University of Kentucky. Community College System
- History of Kentucky's Community Colleges Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.