Interview with Calvin G. Grayson, April 26, 2010
Part of Kentucky Transportation Center Oral History Project
- Interview with Calvin G. Grayson, April 26, 2010
- Calvin G. Grayson; interviewee. Laura Lee Whayne; interviewer. Mardi Miller; interviewer.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- Calvin Grayson speaks about his career in the field of transportation, which has included three years as the Kentucky Secretary of Transportation and many years as the director of the Kentucky Transportation Center at the University of Kentucky. He describes how he lobbied for the creation of the KTC Center and explains how he located the funding to support it. Grayson describes the KTC's mission as an interdisciplinary, practical research-based organization that works in cooperation with numerous state governments as well as the private sector. He discusses many of the KTC's projects and programs through the years. Grayson evaluates the center's contribution to the transportation field and the state of Kentucky.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- University of Kentucky Transportation Center., Kentucky. Dept. of Transportation., University of Kentucky., Transportation--Research., Education, Higher--Finance., Transportation--Planning., Transportation--Management.
- Kentucky Transportation Center Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.