Interview with Aubrey Williams, April 20, 2004
Part of Kentucky Legislature Oral History Project
- Interview with Aubrey Williams, April 20, 2004
- Aubrey Williams; interviewee. Eric Moyen; interviewer.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- Williams (House 1977-1985, 42nd district; Democrat) gives his impressions of several governors and their opponents in the primaries, discusses legislation on drunk driving, landlord-tenant agreements, and bail bonds, his philosophy of government, legislative independence, and the BOPTROT scandal. Part 2 of 2.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Legislators -- Kentucky -- Interviews., African American legislators -- Kentucky -- Interviews., Drunk driving -- Law and legislation -- Kentucky., Louisville (Ky.), Carroll, Julian, Brown, John Y. Jr., Collins, Martha Layne, Stumbo, Grady, Sloane, Harvey, Crupper, Clay, Schmidt, Art, Lexington Herald-Leader, Business, Organizations and Professions Committee, gun control, bail bonds, political philosophy, BOPTROT, Key Legislation: gun control; bail bonds, Term and District: House (1977-1985), 42nd district, Counties in District: Jefferson County (Ky.)
- Kentucky Legislature Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.