Interview with Adolph Rupp, June 8 and 10, 1971
Part of University of Kentucky Athletics Project
- Interview with Adolph Rupp, June 8 and 10, 1971
- Adolph Rupp; interviewee. Russell Rice; interviewer.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- Adolph Rupp begins the interview by discussing his relationships with various football coaches at the University of Kentucky, including Harry Gamage, Chet Wynn, Ab Kirwan, Paul Bryant, Blanton Collier, Charlie Bradshaw, and John Ray. Rupp discusses how these coaches came to be hired by the University of Kentucky Athletics Board, and mentions how he was offered the job of athletic director and football coach. He goes on to discuss the impact of World War II on the pool of players available at the University of Kentucky. Rupp finishes the interview by describing the players, win-lose records, and tournament results of various teams by season at the University of Kentucky
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Rupp, Adolph, 1901-1977, University of Kentucky--Basketball, Basketball coaches--Biography, Basketball--History, Gamage, Harry, 1900-1994, Wynne, Chet, 1898-1967, Kirwan, Albert Dennis, Bryant, Paul W., Collier, Blanton, 1906-1983, Bradshaw, Charlie, 1924-1999, Ray, John, 1926-2007, University of Kentucky Basketball (1934-1935), University of Kentucky Basketball (1943-1944), University of Kentucky Basketball (1945-1946), University of Kentucky Basketball (1946-1947), University of Kentucky Basketball (1947-1948), UKAW
- University of Kentucky Athletics Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.