Interview with William B. Keightley, October 25, 2005
Part of William B. Keightley Oral History Project
- Interview with William B. Keightley, October 25, 2005
- Keightley, William B.; Interviewee. Suchanek, Jeffrey; Interviewer.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- This is the first interview that Jeffrey Suchanek conducted with Mr. Keightley and it is largely biographical in nature. Mr. Keightley discusses his family and his hometown, the daily life of a child growing up during the Great Depression and the experience of growing up on a farm. He covers his family's ownership of livestock, the crops they raised and the daily life and routines of a farm family. Keightley extensively discusses tobacco farming during the era, and touches on early radio and telephone services and how his family's holiday traditions. Finally, he discusses the generation gap between himself and players.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- University of Kentucky -- Basketball., Sale, Forest., Rupp, Adolph (1901-1977), Mantle, Mickey, 1931-1995., Keightley, Bessie May., Keightley, A.C. Porter., United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865., Boxing., Minor league baseball -- Missouri -- Joplin., Tobacco farms -- Kentucky., Holidays -- Kentucky.
- William B. Keightley Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.