Interview with Ken Walker, November 8, 2007
Part of Metamorphosis, 1998-2008, Decade of Progress: Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS) Oral History Project
- Interview with Ken Walker, November 8, 2007
- Ken Walker; interviewee. Margaret Lane; interviewer.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- In this interview, Ken Walker (Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, Kentucky Community and Technical College System) discusses the establishment of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS) and its evolution under the leadership of Dr. Michael McCall. Walker recounts Governor Paul Patton's efforts to pass the legislation which created KCTCS and remembers some of the issues and personalities involved in its passage. House Bill 1 also established the Council on Postsecondary Education, and at CPE Walker both observed and participated in the transition to the new system. Walker describes his own move to KCTCS in 2000, and reflects on the achievements of the system over the course of its first decade.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Kentucky Community and Technical College System
- Metamorphosis, 1998-2008, Decade of Progress: Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS) Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.