Interview with Virginia Lane, June 24, 1986
Part of University of Kentucky Medical Center Oral History Project
- Interview with Virginia Lane, June 24, 1986
- Richard C. Smoot; interviewer. Virginia Lane; interviewee.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- Virginia Lane (Professor of Nursing) came to the University of Kentucky College of Nursing in 1960. In this interview, Lane discusses the early challenges of nursing education, and the conflict in developing suitable curriculum. She describes nursing training outside of colleges, and the new style of curriculum developed at the University of Kentucky. In addition, Lane also compares different educational styles and institutions, and evaluates general problems faced by nursing programs.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- University of Kentucky. Medical Center -- History, University of Kentucky. College of Nursing -- History, Curriculum planning, Curriculum change, Nursing -- Study and teaching
- University of Kentucky Medical Center Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.