Interview with Dexter Wright, January 9, 2006
Part of Kentucky Legislature Oral History Project
- Interview with Dexter Wright, January 9, 2006
- Dexter Wright; interviewee. Jan Romond; interviewer.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- Wright (House 1962-1972; 1976-1980, 38th district; Republican) discusses his childhood and family, serving in the Army during World War II, his opposition to abortion, civil rights riots in Louisville and busing. Wright gives his impressions of governors Breathitt, Nunn, Ford, Carroll and Brown as well as Democratic representative Mitchell B. Denham. Part 1 of 2.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Legislators -- Kentucky -- Interviews., Abortion -- Law and legislation -- United States., Civil rights -- Kentucky., Kentucky. Governor (1963-1967 : Breathitt), Kentucky. Governor (1967-1971 : Nunn), Kentucky. Governor (1971-1974 : Ford), Kentucky. Governor (1974-1979 : Carroll), Kentucky. Governor (1979-1983 : Brown), Louisville (Ky.), Breathitt, Edward T., 1924-, Cook, Marlow W. (Marlow Webster), 1926-, Abortion, Civil rights, bussing, Nunn, Louie B., 1924-, Ford, Wendell H., 1924-, Carroll, Julian M. (Julian Morton), 1931-, Brown, John Y. (John Young) Jr., 1933-, Seum, Dan, Blandford, Donald J., Lobbyists, Denham, Mitchell B., House (1962-1972; 1976-1980), 38th district, House Minority Whip, 1968, Jefferson County (Ky.)
- Kentucky Legislature Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.