Interview with Judith Rhoads, March 30, 2007
Part of History of Kentucky's Community Colleges Oral History Project
- Interview with Judith Rhoads, March 30, 2007
- Adina O'Hara; interviewer. Judith Rhoads; interviewee.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- Oral history with Judith Rhoads, president Madisonville Community and Technical College since 1998. Rhoads begins interview discussion her hire at the college as a faculty member in 1976. She discusses early campus construction and efforts to expand the campus. Rhoads details legislative and local efforts to raise funds for the campus as well as early student athletic and cultural activities. She details the relationship between the college and other regional institutions as well how technical and vocation programs have increased since the KCTCS merger in 1997. Interview concludes with a discussion on how the college has impacted the community as well and how local student access to higher education has increased with the availability of the college.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Madisonville Community and Technical College
- History of Kentucky's Community Colleges Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.