THE EXECIITTIVE COMMITTEE
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
Miarch 20, 1911
The Executive Committee of tlhe Board of Trustees met at
the Phoenix Hotel on Monday, March 20, 1911, at 1:30 o'clock.
There were present Mr. Clay, Mr. Nichols, Mr. Stoll, Mr. Davies
and Mr. Terrill of the Committee, and also President Barker,
Vice President White, President Emeritus Patterson and the
Comptroller, with Mr. NIichols as Chairman.
Resuming the consideration of the recommendations of the
Deane of the University regardiag a reorgani2ation:
Mr. Stoll offered an amendment seconded by Mr. Clay that
the College of Meochanical, Electrical and Civil Engineering be
designated as tx-b College of Engineering, and the College of
Mining gnnineering be called the College of' Mines and 1-4eta-
On roll call the vote stood, e
Ayes: Iessrs. Clay, Stoll, Terr'll, Davies, Nichols.
Vr. Stoll also offered an amendment to that portion of
the recommendations which reads - "The Faculty shall prescribe
all rules, regulations, etc. ", so that it shall read - NThe
Faculty shall, subject to the approval of the Executive Commit-
tee, prescribe all rules, etc."
After that nortion of the renort under consideration re-
lating to the duties of the Deans oi each College, mnotion was
made and see-cnded that the Deans of the Departments be appointed
by and removed by the Presint, with the consent and approval
of the Executive Committee.
Motion was made that Dr. Jae. K. Patterson be heard in
tegard to doing away with the Academy in connection with the
University. Dr. Patterson stated tnat as he was not a memaber
of the Executive Committee, hle would save hi's remarks until the
meeting of the Board of Trustees.
Professor White read a recommendation of the Deanes set.
ting forth the duties of the Dean of Women as follows:-
Dean of Women
The Dean of Women shall be empowered to undertake and