Interview with Walter D. Huddleston, September 20, 1988
Part of Kentucky Legislature Oral History Project
- Interview with Walter D. Huddleston, September 20, 1988
- David Breaux; interviewer. Walter D. Huddleston; interviewee.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- Huddleston (Senate 1966-1972, 10th district; Democrat) discusses the leadership styles of Governors Nunn and Ford, the sales tax debate, redistricting and legislative reforms of the late 1960s and early 1970s.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Legislators -- Kentucky -- Interviews., Apportionment (Election law) -- Kentucky., Kentucky. General Assembly -- Reform., Kentucky. Governor (1967-1971 : Nunn), Kentucky. Governor (1971-1974 : Ford), Breathitt, Edward (Ned), Nunn, Louie B., Ford, Wendell, sales tax legislation, legislative independence, Legislative Research Commission (LRC), interim committees, Carroll, Julian, Brown, John Y. Jr., elections, Rules Committee, redistricting, Term/District: Senate (1966-1972), 10th district, Leadership Position(s):Senate Majority Caucus Chair, 1968 -- Senate Majority Floor Leader, 1970-1972, Counties in District:Hardin County (Ky.) -- Larue County (Ky.) -- Meade County (Ky.)
- Kentucky Legislature Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.