Interview with Leo Marcum, October 19, 1991
Part of Kentucky Legislature Oral History Project
- Interview with Leo Marcum, October 19, 1991
- Judy K. Bowen; interviewer. Leo Marcum; interviewee.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- Marcus (House 1980, 97th district; Republican) discusses growing up in Martin County (Ky.), then progresses to his educational background, and legislative career. Marcus focuses on legislative influences, the role of the legislature, and impressions of governors. He concludes with recounts of campaign stragegies and legislative legacy.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Legislators -- Kentucky -- Interviews., Political campaigns -- Kentucky., Kentucky. Governor (1979-1983 : Brown), Kentucky. Governor (1983-1987 : Collins), Martin County (Ky.), Morehead State University, Hardin, Lucien T., Brown, John Y. Jr., Powers, Georgia Davis, Collins, Martha Layne, coal severance tax, Key Legislation: coal severance tax, Term/District: House (1980), 97th district, Counties in District: Martin County (Ky.), Lawrence County (Ky.), Johnson County (Ky.)
- Kentucky Legislature Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.