Interview with Tom Alvey, May 1, 2007
Part of History of Kentucky's Community Colleges Oral History Project
- Interview with Tom Alvey, May 1, 2007
- Adina O'Hara; interviewer. Tom Alvey; interviewee.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- Oral history with Tom Alvey, labor representative on Citizens Committee for Higher Education, local community group which helped establish Owensboro Community College in 1984. Interview discusses work with Don Blandford in acquiring money from the legislature for the college, campus construction and location. Alvey describes the need for a community college in Owensboro as well as local response to proposal. Interview concludes discussing the benefits of early relationship with University of Kentucky.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Madisonville Community and Technical College
- History of Kentucky's Community Colleges Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.