Interview with Anne Peters, August 11, 2008
Part of Horse Industry in Kentucky Oral History Project
- Interview with Anne Peters, August 11, 2008
- Anne Peters; interviewee. Kim Lady Smith; interviewer.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- Anne Peters is a pedigree expert and the Seasons and Matings Advisor at Three Chimneys Farm in Lexington, Kentucky. In this interview, Peters discusses her childhood in Pennsylvania and her early interest in horses. She speaks about her career; working for Three Chimneys Farm in the 1980s, and then returning in 2004 and the time in between when she was a freelance pedigree consultant and writer. Peters also talks about her pedigree work, what makes a good cross, desirable qualities of a horse, and the value of breeding horses with high quality pedigrees. The Web site, Thoroughbred Heritage, she created with Pat Erigero is also discussed.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Peters, Anne M., 1957-, Thoroughbred horse, Thoroughbred horse -- Breeding, Horses--Breeding, Thoroughbred horse -- Pedigrees, Three Chimneys Farm (Ky.), Big Brown (Race horse), Smarty Jones (Race horse)
- Horse Industry in Kentucky Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.