Interview with T.R. Solomon, April 15, 1989
Part of Pi Sigma Alpha - American Political Science Association Oral History Project
- Interview with T.R. Solomon, April 15, 1989
- Jewel Prestage; interviewer. T.R. Solomon; interviewee.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- Thomas Ralph (T. R.) Solomon was an African American political scientist and a professor emeritus of political science at Prairie View A and M University. In this interview, Solomon talks about his attempt to research African American participation in Texas elections, and the opposition he encountered from his proposal. How the Civil Rights Movement changed faculty research studies is also discussed.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Solomon, Thomas R., 1904-1991--Interviews., African American political scientists--Interviews., American Political Science Association., African Americans., Political science., Voting., Elections., Prairie View A and M University., Civil rights movement., Education, Higher.
- Pi Sigma Alpha - American Political Science Association Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.