Interview with Wheeler Everett Stinson, July 18, 1986
Part of Moonshiners and Revenuers Oral History Project
- Interview with Wheeler Everett Stinson, July 18, 1986
- Betty Ellison; interviewer. R. H. Stockton; interviewer. Wheeler Everett Stinson; interviewee.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- This is an interview with Wheeler Stinson, a former moonshiner. In this interview, he discusses how moonshine whiskey is made and transported, his relationship with law enforcement officials, and ways of concealing stills from both the law and other moonshiners. Russell Stockton, a former revenuer, also weighs in on ways that he caught moonshiners.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Appalachian Region, Distilling, illicit, Whiskey, Whiskey industry--Kentucky, Stinson, Wheeler Everett, Stinson, Wheeler Everett--Interviews
- Moonshiners and Revenuers Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.