Interview with Dr. Bruce Ayers, October 30, 2007
Part of Metamorphosis, 1998-2008, Decade of Progress: Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS) Oral History Project
- Interview with Dr. Bruce Ayers, October 30, 2007
- Dr. Bruce Ayers; interviewee. Margaret Lane; interviewer.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- In this interview, Southeast Kentucky Community and Technical College (SKCTC) President Bruce Ayers (President and CEO of SKCTC from 1987-) discusses former Governor Paul Patton's initial vision of higher education reform and the drafting and birth of the 1997 House Bill 1. He explains the implementation of the reforms outlined in this bill, the many challenges associated with the staggered integration of Kentucky's community and technical colleges into the new Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS), and the results of this complex and very political process, not only for Southeast, but for the whole system. Other topics discussed include, overcoming personal prejudices against technical education and educators, SACS accreditation issues, SKCTC Allied Health programs, SKCTC community involvement, and the brilliant leadership of current KCTCS President Michael McCall.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Kentucky Community and Technical College System ; Southeast Community and Technical College
- Metamorphosis, 1998-2008, Decade of Progress: Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS) Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.