Interview with Frank Butler, May 8, 1986
Part of University of Kentucky Medical Center Oral History Project
- Interview with Frank Butler, May 8, 1986
- Frank Butler; interviewee. Richard C. Smoot; interviewer.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- Frank Butler (Vice President for Medical Center Operations, UK Chandler Medical Center, 1980-2004) was the director of the University hospital, and discusses the general philosophy of the hospital, specifically in regard to indigent care. He continues to talk about structural problems in the management of a hospital, and recent and future changes in health care. He finally discusses the impact of governmental policy on health care providers, and ponders possible changes in the health care system.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Butler, Frank -- Interviews, Medical Care, Cost of, Kentucky -- Politics and government, Hospitals -- Administration, University of Kentucky. Medical Center -- History, Health maintenance organizations, Kentucky. General Assembly. Commission on Financing Health Care for the Medically Indigent
- University of Kentucky Medical Center Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.