Interview with William D. Gorman, August 10, 2000
Part of Remembering City Hall: Kentucky League of Cities Oral History Project
- Interview with William D. Gorman, August 10, 2000
- Terry L. Birdwhistell; interviewer. William D. Gorman; interviewee.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- William Gorman, mayor of Hazard Kentucky, continues in the third of a three part interview. In this interview Gorman discusses specific building accomplishments in Hazard and the surrounding area. He then extols the achievements of the local school system, and the importance of education. Looking ahead to future infrastructure developments, Gorman describes appropriate directions for development, from which Hazard could derive the most benefit. He compares mayor across the state and nation, and considers his own place in the history of Kentucky.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Gorman, William D. (William Dewey), 1924-2010--Interviews., Mayors--Kentucky--Interviews., Hazard (Ky.), Kentucky League of Cities., Hazard Independent Schools (Ky.), Infrastructure (Economics), Roads--Kentucky., Municipal government.
- Remembering City Hall: Kentucky League of Cities Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.