Interview with Angela Fields, September 21, 2007
Part of Metamorphosis, 1998-2008, Decade of Progress: Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS) Oral History Project
- Interview with Angela Fields, September 21, 2007
- Angela Fields; interviewee. Margaret Lane; interviewer.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- In this interview, Angela Fields (Human Resources) describes hearing Governor Paul Patton's 1997 on-campus announcement at Lexington Community College of the creation of what came to be the Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS). She talks about taking a brief break from school a few months later to help manage the newly established KCTCS office in Frankfort, her first real job. Fields was still employed in Human Resources ten years later. She discusses the events and personalities of that first decade. Fields describes the initial opposition to the idea of a separate community and technical college system, the search for its first president, and how the system eventually came to occupy its present site in Versailles.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Kentucky Community and Technical College System
- Metamorphosis, 1998-2008, Decade of Progress: Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS) Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.