Interview with William R. Willard, November 13, 1985
Part of University of Kentucky Medical Center Oral History Project
- Interview with William R. Willard, November 13, 1985
- Richard C. Smoot; interviewer. William R. Willard; interviewee.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- Dr. William R. Willard (Vice President of the University of Kentucky Medical Center 1956-1970 and Dean of the Medical School 1956-1966). This interview discusses Dr. Willard’s decision to come to the University of Kentucky to start the Medical School and Medical Center, his philosophy toward the practice and teaching of medicine, his recruitment of staff, and difficulties encounter in the creation of the Medical School and Medical Center. Dr. Willard also discusses his relationships with both University of Kentucky Presidents as well as his interactions with members of state government.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- University of Kentucky. College of Medicine -- History, University of Kentucky. Medical Center -- History, Hospital buildings -- Design and construction, University of Kentucky -- Presidents, Willard, William R., 1908- -- Interviews, Community Health Services -- Kentucky, Medicine -- Study and teaching (Continuing education) -- Social aspects, Social medicine, Rural health -- Kentucky, Medical Care, Cost of, Kentucky. General Assembly, Chandler, Happy, 1898-1991, Kentucky. Governor (1959-1963 : Combs), Presidents -- University of Kentucky
- University of Kentucky Medical Center Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.