Interview with C.M. "Hank" Hancock, May 20, 2010
Part of Kentucky Transportation Center Oral History Project
- Interview with C.M. "Hank" Hancock, May 20, 2010
- C.M. "Hank" Hancock; interviewee. Laura Lee Whayne; interviewer. Mardi Miller; interviewer.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- C.M. "Hank" Hancock is a former Kentucky state senator who was involved in transportation issues during his twenty-four years as a legislator. He describes his participation in transportation organizations and various transportation projects. Hancock recalls the bill that created the Kentucky Transportation Center and discusses the center's collaboration with the legislature over the years. He describes the workings of the Kentucky legislature and its relationship with the state executive branch. Hancock talks about transportation problems particular to the state and discusses the sources of funding for transportation projects. He also tells anecdotes from his childhood in Frankfort as a neighbor of the capitol.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- University of Kentucky Transportation Center., Frankfort (Ky.), Kentucky--Politics and government., Kentucky. General Assembly., Transportation--Kentucky., Public works--United States--Finance., Infrastructure (Economics)--United States--Finance., Express highways--Kentucky.
- Kentucky Transportation Center Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.