< *" . t·
STATE COLLEGE OF KENTUCKY. 5 ‘
· ,, furnished with machinery and appliances for work in Mechanical Eng-i- Q
The Dormit0ries.——The two large dormitories on the campus aEord ti
lodgings for the students who wish to lessen expense in this direction. '—
Other buildings on the campus are a brick dwelling for the President and a ;
cottage occupied by the Commandant. »
Science Hall —This hall, built during the year 1897 for the departments Q
of Natural Science, is 95 x 97 feet, of pressed brick, trimmed with Bowling `
Green stone. The wide halls, the numerous and spacious lecture rooms, .°‘
laboratories and othces in its three stories are conveniently arranged, well
lighted, and the rooms are well furnished.
The Farm B1¢ila'1`ngs.—On the farm is a brick dwelling occupied by the ‘
Director of the Station, and the usual buildings for the care of tools, the
protection of stock, and the like.
The Gymnasinm.—This imposing structure of pressed brick and Bed-
ford stone, 100 x 157 feet, with the central part three stories high, the right
wing one and the left two, stands 150 feet north of the Main Building T
and cost $30,000.
The first floor of the central portion contains the Armory, lockers for
pe n women, and the ofhces of the Commandant and the Physical Director. The
7- second fioor is occupied by Alumni Hall, the Trustees’ room, and a society
hall. The third floor is divided into two society halls and a hall for the
·- Y. M. C. A. All these rooms are commodious and finely adapted to their _ '
purpose. The right wing, which is 48 x 95 feet, is used as a drill-room
during bad weather. The basement of the left wing is set apart for baths,
lockers for men, wash—stands, closets, and a swimming pool. The second
floor, the gymnasium proper, is equipped with the best apparatus that could
be procured. The building is finished in yellow pine, heated by steam, ,~
and lighted by electricity. '
The New Station Building.--This house on South Limestone, and a
fourth of a mile from the campus, was completed in the winter of 1904. ‘
The building is of two stories and the basement, of pressed brick with
oolitic lime-stone trimmings. The foundation is of Kentucky gray lime-
stone faced with broken ashlar oolitic limestone, the balustrade of terra-
cotta. A large portico, with columns extending from the first floor line to
the pediment on a level with the cornice, forms an attractive feature of the
building. The cornice is massive, with large brackets.
The general design of the building, which is l14 feet long x 60 deep,
is colonial, adhering as strictly as possible to classic proportion and com-
Patterson Hall.-This large and handsome three-story structure, a home
· for the young women of the College, is now ready for occupancy. Pleas-
antly located on South Limestone street, a fourth of a mile north of the
College, and on the street railway which lies along the western border of the
spacious grounds; built durably of brick, stone, iron and wood, and made