Interview with Thomas R. Ford, October 23, 1985
Part of University of Kentucky Medical Center Oral History Project
- Interview with Thomas R. Ford, October 23, 1985
- Richard C. Smoot; interviewer. Thomas R. Ford; interviewee.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- Dr. Thomas Ford (Chair of the Department of Sociology and Rural Sociology 1956-1990, Director of the Center for Developmental Change 1956-1990) recounts his educational background in sociology, his early impressions of Kentucky, and the unique nature of the University of Kentucky Medical Center. He also describes standardizing the Medcial Center to be in line with other medical institutions and the negative and positive effects of standardization. In addition, Ford discusses the reasoning behind the school's opposition.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Ford, Thomas R., 1923- -- Interviews, University of Kentucky. Medical Center -- History, University of Kentucky. Dept. of Sociology, University of Kentucky. Dept. of Behavioral Science, Kentucky Medical Services Foundation
- University of Kentucky Medical Center Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.