Interview with Edward Ford, September 29, 2003
Part of Kentucky Legislature Oral History Project
- Interview with Edward Ford, September 29, 2003
- Edward Ford; interviewee. Eric Moyen; interviewer.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- In the second part of this two-part interview, Ford (Senate 1978-1994, 30th district; Democrat) picks up with a discussion about the 1985 special session called by Governor Collins on education reform. He also covers legislation on nuclear waste destruction, water quality, the bottle bill, road improvement, economic development, high incarceration rates, education reform, and workers compensation
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Legislators -- Kentucky -- Interviews., Educational change -- Kentucky., Radioactive waste disposal -- Kentucky., Water quality -- Kentucky., Roads -- Design and construction -- Kentucky., Kentucky. Governor (1987-1991 : Wilkinson), Kentucky. Governor (1991-1995 : Jones), Brown, John Y. (John Young) Jr., 1933-, Wilkinson, Wallace G., Kentucky. Education Reform Act (1990), Kentucky Education Association, Educational change., Recycling (Waste, etc.), Coal trade, Taxation -- Law and legislation, United States. Marine Fighter Squadron, 214th, Maxey Flats (Ky.), Illinois, Collins, Martha Layne, Beshear, Steve, Rose, John (Eck), Wright, Joe, Jones, Brereton, Wethington, Charles, Southern Regional Education Board, Central Midwest Compact Commission (Chair), Joint Interim Environmental Quality Committee (Chair), Toyota Manufacturing (Georgetown, Ky.), State Government Committee (Chair), Kentucky Education Reform Act (KERA), Kentucky Education Association (KEA), Grayson Jockey Club Research Foundation (Executive director), University of Kentucky, education reform, nuclear waste, Water quality, Roads, Economic development, incarceration rates, Workers' compensation, coal industry, lottery, tax legislation, BOPTROT, Black Sheep Squadron, testing (students), testing (teachers), Horse industry, ethics legislation, bottle bill, workers compensation bill, Senate (1978-1994), 30th district, Harrison County (Ky.) – Scott County (Ky.) – Woodford County (Ky.) – Fayette County (Ky.) – Nicholas County (Ky.) – Robertson County (Ky.)
- Kentucky Legislature Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.