Interview with Charles Shearer, January 10, 2007
Part of History of Kentucky's Community Colleges Oral History Project
- Interview with Charles Shearer, January 10, 2007
- Adina O'Hara; interviewer. Charles Shearer; interviewee.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- Oral history with Charles Shearer, accounting professor, Henderson Community and Technical College. Interview discusses Shearer's start at Henderson Community College in 1967 and his activities as volunteer coach of the mens basketball team. Shearer recounts early campus construction and faculty as well as programs and other intramurals offered at the college. Early emphasis on transfer from the two to four year institutions is also described. Shearer describes the students at Henderson he taught. He also relates a story about the Mountain Dew Festival basketball tournament in Prestonsburg Kentucky. Concludes interview listing the cultural events promoted by the college on campus as well as in the community and teaching commitment of community college faculty.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Henderson Community and Technical College
- History of Kentucky's Community Colleges Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.