Interview with William B. Lear, August 10, 2006
Part of Kentucky Legislature Oral History Project
- Interview with William B. Lear, August 10, 2006
- Catherine Herdman; interviewer. William M. "Bill" Lear; interviewee.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- Lear (House 1985-1994, 79th district; Democrat) discusses growing up in Lexington and the effects of the various movements of the 60's on his outlook. He focuses a large part of his interview on relationships and the social elements within the legislature and the role they played. He also discusses key legislation in the whistle blower act and health care reform. He concludes the interview by discussing the changes that have come about in the legislature as a result of BOPTROT, and speculates on the long-term effects.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Legislators -- Kentucky -- Interviews., Political campaigns -- Kentucky., Kentucky. Education Reform Act (1990), Legislative Research Commission, Kentucky -- Politics and government., Kentucky. Governor (1983-1987 : Collins), Health care reform -- Kentucky., Practice of law -- Kentucky., concealed deadly weapons law, health insurance reform bill, Kentucky Education Reform Act (KERA), whistle blower bill, Brown, John Y. (John Young) Jr., Carroll, Julian, Collins, Martha Layne, Central Kentucky, Fayette County (KY), Humana, Inc., Legislative Research Commission (LRC), University of Kentucky, mandatory seatbelt legislation, campaigning, camaraderie, BOPTROT, Key Legislation: whistle blower bill, Term/District: House (1985 to 1994), 79th District, Counties in District: Fayette County (Ky.)
- Kentucky Legislature Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.