Interview with Livingston Taylor, February 28, 1992
Part of Kentucky Legislature Oral History Project
- Interview with Livingston Taylor, February 28, 1992
- Jeffrey Suchanek; interviewer. Livingston Taylor; interviewee.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- Taylor, a reporter for the Louisville Courier-Journal newspaper out of the Frankfort Bureau from 1964-1987, continues his discussion of several governors' administrations and also covers campaign finance controversies and reforms, alleged kickbacks and payoffs, the role of the legislature and the governor, his career in journalism, and concludes with a discussion of his activities after retirement and his opinion on the decline of newspapers as the primary news medium. Part 2 of 2.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Journalists -- Kentucky -- Louisville -- Interviews., Legislative reporting -- Kentucky., Campaign funds -- Kentucky., Kentucky. Governor (1959-1963 : Combs), Kentucky. Governor (1963-1967 : Breathitt), Kentucky. Governor (1967-1971 : Nunn), Kentucky. Governor (1971-1974 : Ford), Kentucky. Governor (1974-1979 : Carroll), Kentucky. Governor (1979-1983 : Brown), Kentucky. Governor (1983-1987 : Collins), Nunn, Louie B., 1924-, Combs, Bert T., 1911-1991., Ford, Wendell H., 1924-, Carroll, Julian M. (Julian Morton), 1931-, Brown, John Y. (John Young) Jr., 1933-, George, Phyllis, Prichard, E. F. (Edward Fretwell)., Collins, Martha Layne, Civil Rights, Wilkinson, Wallace G., Blume, Norbert L., 1992-, Kidd, Mae Street, 1904-, Powers, Georgia Davis, 1923-, Moloney, Michael R., Coal mines and mining., Iran-Contra Affair, 1985-1990., sales tax legislation, government spending, Emberton, Thomas D., campaign finance reform, Kentucky Merit System Law, kickbacks, coal severance tax, bottle bill, legislative independence, Black Sheep Squadron, Berry, John Jr., Ward, Thomas M., Weisenberger, Richard, Appropriation and Revenues Committee, McBrayer, Terry, health insurance legislation, Metz, Frank, Department of Highways, Sikorsky helicopter, role of legislators, Bert T. Combs Mountain Parkway, Toyota Manufacturing (Georgetown, Ky.), women in the legislature, legislative term limits, Louisville Times, United Press International, Nicaragua, Louisville Courier Journal, Term/District: Journalist, Louisville Courier Journal
- Kentucky Legislature Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.