Interview with Brandon Maurice Lawrence, March 28, 2010
Part of Col. Arthur L. Kelly American Veterans Oral History Collection
- Interview with Brandon Maurice Lawrence, March 28, 2010
- Brandon Maurice Lawrence; interviewee. Tyler Gayheart; interviewer.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- Brandon Maurice Lawrence served one tour for the Army Reserves in Iraq. In this interview Lawrence describes playing football in high school and his decision to attend the University of Kentucky and become a walk-on football player. He discusses his reasons for joining the Army Reserves, his experience meeting with the Army recruiter, and why he chose the human resources specialty as his occupation. Lawrence also describes his experiences at boot camp, his job responsibilities on base, and his experiences working and living on a military base at Camp Kalsu in Iskandariyah, Iraq. In addition, Lawrence discusses how his life has changed after joining the Army Reserves, his transition to the University of Kentucky, and the services and support the university community has provided for veterans.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- College students--Kentucky--Interviews., Veterans--Kentucky--Interviews., United States. Army Reserves., Military service, Voluntary., Iraq War, 2003-, Iraq., Iraq. War on Terrorism, 2001-2009., United States. Army Reserves--Military life., United States. Army Reserves--Job descriptions., Iskandariyah (Iraq), University of Kentucky Military Veterans of America., Veterans--Education (Higher)--Kentucky., University of Kentucky.
- Col. Arthur L. Kelly American Veterans Oral History Collection
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.