Interview with Dr. Keith Bird, November 21, 2007
Part of Metamorphosis, 1998-2008, Decade of Progress: Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS) Oral History Project
- Interview with Dr. Keith Bird, November 21, 2007
- Dr. Keith Bird; interviewee. Margaret Lane; interviewer.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- Dr. Keith Bird (Chancellor, Kentucky Community and Technical College System, 1999-2009) is a national leader in community college development and was the first chancellor of Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS). In this interview, Bird discusses his career in higher education, from a faculty position at University of Bridgeport to the presidencies of Central Carolina Technical College and two branches of the New Hampshire Community Technical College (NHCTC); and as deputy commissioner of the NHCTC system. He speaks about President Michael McCall's leadership and vision and being recruited by McCall. Bird describes his role in the KCTCS consolidation and the services and programs he initiated. He also talks about economic development research he has spearheaded and his prior experience with accreditation and workforce development.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Kentucky Community and Technical College System
- Metamorphosis, 1998-2008, Decade of Progress: Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS) Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.