Interview with Jenifer H. Payne, March 21, 2007
Part of Peace Corps Oral History Project
- Interview with Jenifer H. Payne, March 21, 2007
- Angene H. Wilson; interviewer. Jenifer H. Payne; interviewee.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- Jenifer H. Payne (Gabon, 1990-1992; Education Program) discusses growing up in Somerset, Kentucky and joining the Peace Corps after graduating from Transylvania University in math education. She describes training for francophone African countries in Bukavu, Congo, her living situation, and her work in Gabon. Payne also talks about her friendship with a young Gabonese woman, and the impact of Peace Corps on Gabon, herself, her family, and now her own children. In addition, Payne describes meeting fellow Peace Corps volunteer, Glen Payne, and marrying him after they returned home.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Payne, Jenifer -- Interviews., Gabon, Peace Corps (U.S.)--Gabon., Peace Corps (U.S.)--History--1990-1999., Education
- Peace Corps Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.