Interview with Bill Cox, May 21, 2008
Part of History of Kentucky's Community Colleges Oral History Project
- Interview with Bill Cox, May 21, 2008
- Bill Cox; interviewee. John Klee; interviewer.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- Interview with Bill Cox, former mayor and state representative of Madisonville, Kentucky. Cox begins with his family biography and educational history at University of Kentucky. Includes reminisces of coursework with Dr. Thomas Clark and Dr. Jack Reeves. Recounts his early work with Madisonville Chamber of Commerce before election to State House of Representatives. Describes work with Governor Nunn to establish Madisonville Community College as well as the acquisition and campus construction. Concludes with discussion of his ideas on higher education reform as well as the role of college in Madisonville community.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Madisonville Community and Technical College
- History of Kentucky's Community Colleges Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.