Interview with Dr. Charles Hagyard, December 21, 1978
Part of Horse Industry in Kentucky Oral History Project
- Interview with Dr. Charles Hagyard, December 21, 1978
- Dr. Charles Hagyard; interviewee. Mary Jane Gallaher; interviewer.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- Dr. Charlie Hagyard was a veterinarian who followed in his family's tradition of veterinary practice and co-founded Hagyard-Davidson-McGee clinic in Lexington, KY in 1951. His grandfather, uncle and father founded the original practice, E. T. Hagyard Sons in 1876. In this interview, Hagyard discusses equine reproduction and shares his views on when to breed a mare. He also shares stories of examining and treating mares for Elmendorf Farm owner Joseph E. Widener and for David Look at Castleton Farm.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Hagyard, Charles E., 1901-1995 -- Interviews, Veterinarians -- Interviews, Hagyard-Davidson-McGee Associates, Horses -- Reproduction, Horses--Breeding, Equine sports medicine, Veterinary medicine, Elmendorf Farm Inc. (Ky.), Castleton Farm (Ky.), Widener, Joseph E. (Joseph Early), 1872-1943, Look, David
- Horse Industry in Kentucky Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.